Nimrod is an independent consultancy company, and as such does not vend commercial products.
We advice our customers as far as possible to use open source in their business. The advantages we see with this are among others
- Vendor independence
- Insurance against termination of support
- Possibility of reuse and enhancement of components
- No binding of information to proprietary systems
- Lower costs
We mention in short a few examples of open source products on which we have expertise:
- Operating systems: Linux, *BSD
- Domain name servers: BIND, djbdns
- Email servers: sendmail, qmail
- Web servers: Apache, JBoss/Tomcat
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Berkeley DB
Regardless of the advantages of open systems, proprietary alternatives are in some cases preferred. Nimrod has extensive experience with several of these as well.